Lecturer in Electrical & Electronic Engineering [Full-Time or Part-Time/HPL ]
Starting Date: 2021-9--13
Prospective candidates should be able to:
- Deliver assessment and examination duties to a range of learners on our full time and part time programmes at both undergraduate & postgraduate levels.
- Provide tutorial for a group or groups of students and to arrange and monitor Key Skills activities.
- Liaise with Programme leader and Internal Verifiers, as appropriate.
- Carry out assessment, evaluation and other administrative or laboratory duties in line with the module requirements.
- Supervise individual/group project relating to your specialist subject major.
- Attend all required departmental meetings and annual meeting with external examiners.
The position for 12 months [with possible renewal]
Full-Time : 40 hours per week, 5 day per week , Monday-Saturday with one weekday off in lieu.
Part-Time HPL[ 2-3 days/week (6-12 hours/week) including Saturday]
The College is looking for passionate individuals with a sound knowledge of industrial experience and a desire to help students to achieve their full potential.
If you are looking for a position which is rewarding, we would like to hear from you. You should have good interpersonal and communications skills, as well as being able to stay organised with planning and preparation where appropriate.
Applicants who can demonstrate a dedication for inspiring the next generation will be considered despite their lack of appropriate teaching qualification.
The College delivers high quality academic and vocational education to ensuring a great learning experience for all students. As such, the successful applicants will have a strong background in industry and hold both recognised Bachelor & Master degrees in Electrical & Electronic Engineering. We are looking for a lecturer to deliver courses at both undergraduate & postgraduate level and also BTEC HNC/HND qualification. The successful candidate can either be from an Electrical/Electronic Engineering teaching background or from industry with a passion to transfer existing skills into teaching. Support will be given to those looking to achieve a teaching qualification, with guidance from experienced lecturers and induction programmes.
The College is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable young persons. Any appointment made to such roles will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks, including the receipt of a satisfactory, enhanced DBS check
You must have 3-years teaching experience at levels 4,5,6,7 and hold both UK Bachelor and Master degree qualifications in Electrical & Electronic Engineering. Relevant professional qualification will be desirable
How to apply
We stipulate that applicants must include the following ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS together with their CV for initial assessment & consideration:
- A cover letter stating as why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position.
- The details of TWO UK-based professional referees whom both have good knowledge of your current & past FE/HE Teaching/administrative experience if relevant to this position.
- Your current or most recent annual salary.
- Your required termination notice to current employer bearing in mind this is an immediate position.
- It should be noted that the Appointing Panel will be most interested in your Weaknesses as well as your strengths . Please indicate these on your covering letter.
- If you have supplied an e-mail address and should you be short listed for interview, we will contact you via your e-mail address. We regret that in the interest of economy only those short listed candidates will be notified but we wish to thank all other applicants who have applied for this position.
Warning: Regrettably, we are unable to consider applications from candidates who require UK working visa clearance.
Please forward your completed application (your CV and cover letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org