Lecturer in Health & Social Care
Starting Date: 2021-09-20
The College seeks to appoint an outstanding full-time practitioners to join its highly successful Health & Social Care provision. These roles involve teaching & supporting learners on a range of Higher Education courses from levels 4 to 6.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who had intensive appropriate teaching experience in the sector. An ability to teach across the HE provision [HND to Honours degree] is essential. Candidates should ideally be qualified to a minimum of UK Master`s Degree level and hold, or be prepared to work towards, a recognised teaching qualification. Applicants must be highly motivated and committed to working within a team.
To provide high quality teaching, learning, assessment and internal verification/moderation across a range of HE Health and Social Care, and Community Care Management courses. A UK Master degree with successful 5 years teaching experience is essential for this role.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
A Minimum of 5 years teaching experience at Level 4, 5 & 6 AND UK Bachelor and Master degrees in HSC subject major or equivalent. Teaching qualification at level 4, 5 or 7 or willingness to achieve any level within 12 months will be essential.
How to apply
We stipulate that applicants must include the following ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS together with their CV for initial assessment & consideration:
- A cover letter stating as why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position.
- The details of TWO UK-based professional referees whom both have good knowledge of your current & past FE/HE Teaching/administrative experience if relevant to this position.
- Your current or most recent annual salary.
- Your required termination notice to current employer bearing in mind this is an immediate position.
- It should be noted that the Appointing Panel will be most interested in your Weaknesses as well as your strengths . Please indicate these on your covering letter.
- If you have supplied an e-mail address and should you be short listed for interview, we will contact you via your e-mail address. We regret that in the interest of economy only those short listed candidates will be notified but we wish to thank all other applicants who have applied for this position.
Warning: Regrettably, we are unable to consider applications from candidates who require UK working visa clearance.
Please forward your completed application (your CV and cover letter) to: email@example.com