Group Head of Library and Learning Resources
We have a great opportunity based at one of our main campuses in Bedfordshire or Northamptonshire for a Head of Library and Learning Resources to become a key member of our Student Services department.
As the Group Head of Library and Learning Resources, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing library, information services and computer facilities to support teaching and learning for the wide range of courses offered by the College.
- Managing and developing further an effective and efficient learning centre service for learners and staff, to support curriculum delivery and enable learners to meet their learning goals.
- Supporting and developing the management of University validation and research and development within the College.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of computerised library management
and excellent interpersonal communication skills, alongside the following qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or relevant professional qualification
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Chartered or qualified Librarian or in the final stages of qualification
- Good all round level of education to include Maths and English to GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent level (level 2)
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
39 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
273 hours holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on Monday 21st June 2021.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.