Trainee Lecturer in Applied Science
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Trainee Lecturer in Applied Science to become a key member of our Science and Computing department.
As a Trainee Lecturer in Applied Science, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of courses and levels.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
- Keeping CPD in industry knowledge up to date.
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area and evidence of high performance in previous roles/jobs, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in Science or closely related subject
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Willingness to work towards a certificate in Education
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
This position offers the opportunity to undertake a teacher training programme which utilises funding from TTF.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College – 2 year Fixed-term Contract
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
318.2 hours holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
To apply for this role, please follow the link.