Trainer/Assessor - Childcare
7 days left
- Full Time
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
Hours: Full Time – 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trainer/Assessor Childcare to join our MAXIM Business Department.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Delivering high quality training and assessment for learners studying in the occupational areas for Childcare.
- Taking ownership of the full apprenticeship and deliver the relevant Functional Skills, PLTS and where applicable technical certificate.
- Responsibility within the team for IQA of relevant qualifications.
Key Accountabilities include:
- To assess accurately individual training needs and to design individual training programmes to achieve planned outcomes within defined timescales in line with College processes and procedures
- To work effectively with curriculum team and liaise with Business Development team, Marketing, MIS etc. in promoting employer engagement and assisting teams in meeting relevant targets and income generation etc.
- To assess accurately individual training needs and to design individual training programmes to achieve planned outcomes within defined timescales in line with College processes and procedures.
Candidates should have a relevant Assessing Qualification (D32, A1, TAQA).
Candidates should also have recent, relevant industrial or commercial experience and an up-to-date working knowledge of the industry sectors.
For further information about this role and the skills, experience and qualities required please visit the job description and person specification attached.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is midnight on Sunday 20th June 2021.
To apply, please visit the vacancies page on the Macclesfield College website via the apply link and fill in the short form to receive an application pack.
Contact Details: For any further information please contact Human Resources - Macclesfield College via email at firstname.lastname@example.org