Course Leader, Health Science and Social Care (Part Time) (LCC2719)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
Part Time - 22.2 hours per week
WHAT WE DO
Are you an experienced teacher within L2 and L3 Health Science Professionals and Social Sciences & Humanities Access programmes? Do you have experience of working in the health care or social care sector? Are you interested in leading on Foundation Access programmes to train the next generation of practitioners? The Health Science and Social Care Access team based at the Quarry Hill Annexe are looking for a new course leader to join their dynamic team and drive progression from L2 to L3 Access to HE provision and beyond.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for retention, achievement, progress/value added, attendance and positive progression rates for an identified course or courses.
- Maintain high quality and effective delivery across the course team.
- Develop new modules, units and course.
- Responsible for developing new units, modules and courses in line with government policy, awarding organisation developments and student demand as well as local community, economic and employer requirements.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources and assessment plans and ensure these are in place for all the course(s) teaching activity.
- Help to ensure all team members maintain and update knowledge of the subject and / or vocational area.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students and engage in scholarly activity.
- Develop and adapt curriculum delivery with the course team to maximise its effectiveness and efficiency
- Be responsible for recording student progress and meeting individual and group learner targets.
- Develop and employ effective assessment activities and ensure student work is assessed with constructive and timely feedback provided that motivates and inspires students to improve and achieve.
- Market courses and provide high quality IAG (including full participation in open days, transition activity, enrolment and induction).
- Complete a course level self-assessment report and maintain the course quality improvement plan.
- Carry out internal verification/moderation.
Are you a person who can:
- Act with honesty and integrity to maintain high standards of ethics and professional standards.
- Manage and promote restorative practice approaches and the strengthening of relationships.
- Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Promote a positive image of the college.
- Embody the college values: Collaborative; Inspiring; Passionate; Aspirational; Celebrate Individuality; Respectful
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Fran Gouldsborough email@example.com
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.