Lecturer in Alternative Curriculum
Location: Wakefield City Campus, but may be required to work at Castleford Campus
Hours of work: 22.2 hours per week (3 days - Mon, Tues, Wed)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Alternative Curriculum to join our team. You will re-engage students in education and develop their study skills and employability skills with the aim of supporting their transition back into core curriculum subjects or employment.
As a Lecturer in Alternative Curriculum, the role will involve:
- effectively produce and manage every learner’s individual learning plan to ensure that they achieve their highest potential
- positively engaging all learners within class using a range of effective techniques; allowing no learner to ‘opt out’.
- compiling and effectively managing group profiles, including the provision for learners with an additional learning support need.
- ensuring that teaching is always positive, engaging, stimulating, effective and progress focussed for all individuals and groups, and is designed to re-engage and enthuse every learner.
One of the best things about working in this role is supporting the development of young people and helping them realise their potential. The Alternative Curriculum department strives to develop the confidence, resilience, and study skills of its young people and to support them into further education or employment. As a Lecturer in the Alternative Curriculum team, you can make a real difference to students lives and future.
We are looking for someone who is a great team player and passionate about helping young people to develop and achieve their goals. You will work collaboratively both with colleagues in College and the wider community to make the course engaging for students.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave (pro rata) + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- A wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Wednesday 16 June 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 29 June 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.