Tractor Driver/General Farm Worker
Plumpton College’s farm is a fully commercial enterprise whilst at the same time providing a learning resource demonstrating best practice in all that we do. Having gone through a period of change over the past three years which has brought about significant improvement across all the farming operations we are striving to improve further to match leading industry KPI’s. We are in the process of investing 1.8 million pounds over the next 6 months in the farm to further improve on the current modern infrastructure and machinery in place.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Tractor Driver/General Farm Worker to deliver the highest standard of farming operations on our 800 hectare progressive College mixed farm. We offer exceptional facilities, a great working environment and career development.
The ideal candidate will need to:
- Be both qualified and experienced in a wide range of field work and machinery operations.
- Be able to operate state of the art, modern equipment to the highest level making use of two modern John Deere R series tractors with Starfire SF3 GPS systems.
- Be well organised and have the drive and enthusiasm to work with students as part of their daily work.
- Have the interest and ability to support a variety of livestock enterprises.
- Be a good communicator and have relevant current knowledge of farm recording systems.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team with a flexible approach to work.
- Hold a full clean driving licence and associated industry qualifications.
If you believe you have a significant contribution to make to our future and are looking for your next career opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, child care voucher scheme and free on-site parking.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link
Closing date for applications: Thursday 24th June 2021 at 9.00am
Interviews will be held: Week commencing 28th June 2021