Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
South Leicestershire College is part of North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College – one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a Key Worker– Fixed Term
2 x 30 hours per week over 38 weeks
Requirements for the role:
- GCSE or Level 2 equivalent in Math’s and English.
- Strong organisational skills, with an ability to manage working across different facets of role: classroom support, written reviews/ admin, monitoring progress, liaison with curriculum teams, parents and external professionals.
- Experience in working with 16-19 year olds with SEND and a good understanding of the preparing for adulthood agenda.
Responsibilities for the role:
- To monitor the progress of the identified student caseload through the keeping of records and monitoring information as required.
- To assist in the delivery of annual reviews if necessary leading the co-ordination of the review and the pre- review activities
- To work individually with a case load of learners where necessary to liaise with external agencies and parents.
The Location: The College is based in South Wigston. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
The pay range we’re offering is FTE £19137 to FTE £20210* Important please see below*
* Please note the following:
- The salary advertised is for a full time equivalent role i.e. 37 hours x 52 weeks.
- The commencing salary will be adjusted to reflect the number of hours per week and the weeks per year worked.
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
What we do
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College (NWSLC) is a large Further Education college offering a wide range of full-time, part-time, Higher Education and Apprenticeship programmes over six campuses based within Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
The College also works with over 600 businesses across a wide range of sectors – working with organisations to determine their ‘training needs analysis’. We then design a programme to match your (the employer’s) requirements.
At the heart of our college community sits a set of values:
- Respect and Nurture
- Inspire and Aspire
- Be Agile and Responsive
- Be Honest and Accountable
These values shape and guide how we behave. The generosity, care and compassion of our staff and students are reflected in our support for many charities as well as in the work we do within our local communities.