Associate Lecturer in Outdoor Adventure
We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for an Associate Lecturer in Outdoor Adventure to become a key member of our Land and Environment department.
As an Associate Lecturer in Outdoor Adventure, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of outdoor adventure courses and levels.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of teaching and assessing on a range programmes and levels and knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 outdoor adventure qualification or equivalent
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
- Safeguarding training
- Equality and Diversity training
- PGCE/CertEd or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
Up to 12 hours per week
Start date of 13th September 2021
Associates work on a short-term basis as assigned. They teach or provide support services and they work with and are supported by core staff. As an Associate you will be issued with an Associate agreement, under this Agreement period you will be eligible to work on assignments offered to you.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
The closing date for applications is 15th June 2021
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
To Apply for this role, please follow the link.