Lecturer / Course Manager in Outdoor Adventure
We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for a Lecturer / Course Manager in Outdoor Adventure to become a key member of our Outdoor Adventure department.
As a Lecturer / Course Manager in Outdoor Adventure, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of courses for students studying outdoor adventure courses from level 2 - 5, in line with College policies and procedure as directed by the Foundation Manager
- Disseminating updated information and course specifications ensuring that awarding organisation requirements are met i.e. awarding organisation registrations for the main programme and additional qualifications
- Liaising with the course team and relevant staff to ensure that all students are enrolled and follow a designated study programme which meets current timetabling policy rules including work placement and enhancement.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of teaching students within the outdoor adventure specialism and experience of consistently providing a high-quality learning experience for all students, alongside the following qualifications:
- L5 Degree qualification in subject specialism
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
- Safeguarding training
- Equality and Diversity training
- PGCE/CertEd or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
392.2 hours holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held week commencing 28th June 2021.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
To Apply for this role, please follow the link.