Student Services Coordinator - Visa Compliance
Contract Type: Full time, fixed term until 31/12/2021
Salary: £26,000 per annum.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Student Services Coordinator with a particular focus on Visa Compliance at our Kingston University International Study Centre.
The purpose of the role is to support students with non-academic areas within our international study centre, which includes and is not limited to reception, induction and registration, finance, visa support, accommodation, attendance, welfare and well-being and immigration support. You will contribute to the overall objective of the ISC— “preparing international students to progress and thrive at Kingston University through successful completion of their programme” -- by ensuring that student issues are dealt with quickly and effectively, in order to ensure their full engagement with their course. You’ll do this by providing support to students to ensure they have a positive experience during their time in the ISC, through communication and collaboration with a variety of teams and stakeholders, both inside and outside the ISC.
- Provide a consistent, accurate and friendly customer reception service to visitors, students and staff, identifying problems that leads to poor service and contribute to review of this service.
- To filter student enquiries, directing them appropriately within the ISC to the Head of Centre, Welfare, Academic Team and student services
- Manage Study Group and Kingston University systems and databases to ensure that student details (registration and contact details) are inputted accurately and efficiently so that it passes audit scrutiny.
- Support the sponsored student process including communicating with sponsorship coordinators and issuing offer letters.
- Support the centre’s attendance and engagement policy.
- To ensure noticeboards are updated regularly.
- To provide support at meetings as required, producing agendas and minutes.
- To support the planning and implementation of induction, ensuring a positive student experience and all compliance requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Provide general student services advice including local and travel information, help with opening bank accounts, issue of confirmation letters, ID cards, letter requests, Student cards, repairs and maintenance, complaints etc.
- Develop the feedback mechanisms to measure and improve the student satisfaction levels of their student journey during their time here.
- To engage with students regarding development activities, assist with setting up clubs, publicising activities and liaising with key stakeholders.
- To research, plan, coordinate and implement suitable and attractive activities and events for international students, engaging with students regarding potential events and encouraging participation and attendance.
- Support the Visa Lead for the ISC and support the UKVI compliance process including accurate record keeping, chasing outstanding documents and reporting BRP errors.
- Join relevant committees to enhance/ enrich student experience.
- To ensure that venues, catering/refreshments and equipment are booked as appropriate for identified events.
- Level 3 Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working in an administrative role within and education environment
- Working with international students
- Working in a Higher Education or Further Education environment
- Using data management systems i.e., Progresso.