Head of Centre
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Study Group as the Head of Centre of the University of Aberdeen International Study Centre. In this role, you will lead and manage a Centre that realises its potential and delivers academic excellence in accordance with the OFS standards. This is a busy role, full of variety, that will challenge you to use your strategic and operational skills. You’ll engage with a variety of different internal and external stakeholders, including Head Office functions, and our University partner. The aim of this role is to ensure maximum progression targets are achieved and to become a key contact with our university partners on a day to day operational level
- To appoint and provide leadership to ISC staff and attend regular meetings with North, North Cluster ISCs and Northern Region ISCs Director, Deputy Director and other Heads of Centre.
- Ensure the centre's strategic direction aligns with the company vision and strategy.
- Drive high levels of engagement by acting on employee feedback mechanisms including staff survey results
- To follow a Partnership Development Plan for the ISC with a budget set by Study Group.
- Liaison with Study Group staff in Finance, HR, Admissions and Marketing.
- To organise the induction of students and staff, placing of students into appropriate classes, timetabling and the teaching of the Undergraduate Foundation Year Programmes, International Year Two and Pre-Masters programmes, and English Language programmes each semester.
- To manage the process of transition of centre students to the University’s degree courses and the completion of agreed procedures.
- Liaison with University staff in the Registry, Estates and Academic Departments.
- To develop the partnership with the University of Aberdeen line with contractual obligations.
- To deliver regular reports, presentations and data sets to the University and Provider with the purpose of tracking success.
- To ensure the accuracy of all public-facing information in line with Provider expectations.
- To support the Centre’s compliance procedures in relation to external bodies including, but not limited to, the OFS and the UKVI..
- To be accountable for the development of all units, the progress of all courses, the conduct of assessments, and the annual monitoring cycle.
- To ensure teaching is effective and efficient, observing classes as appropriate and appraising staff annually and maintaining staff records.
- To provide oversight of the learning, teaching and assessment strategy and the enhancement of learning opportunities in the Centre.
- To ensure rigorous and robust processes are in place to check that students are attending, completing work set, preparing and attending all formative tests, summative mid-term assessments and unit exams, recording all issues and taking action with problems, maintaining student records and results to include reports, assessment boards and finally liaising students’ results and progression with University link tutors, partnership office and external examiner(s).
- To ensure rigorous and robust processes are in place to check the pastoral welfare of all students including Centre liaison with University welfare and accommodation staff.
- To ensure that all necessary resources are available to staff and students.
- Previous experience in Academic Institution management.
- Previous experience managing a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience managing further education courses and structures,
- Proven people management experience, across both Academic and Non-Academic functions.
- Project management experience.