Student Progression and Welfare Support Advisor
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Student Progression and Welfare Support Advisor to join our Kingston University International Study Centre team. You will be part of the Student Experience Team working with the existing Progression and Welfare Support Officers supporting the welfare and progression needs of students and monitoring their engagement. You will need to be highly organised, with strong ICT skills and a background in student support, ideally with international students.
Progression and Welfare Support Duties:
- To deliver weekly academic success tutorials to tutor groups and provide academic counselling to students.
- To design and create learning materials for academic success tutorials.
- To update and maintain the virtual learning environment and embed alternative digital learning technologies into delivery.
- To monitor student engagement and attendance, creating and monitoring academic engagement plans.
- To provide welfare and pastoral support to students, referring them for additional support where required from external services.
- To ensure the safeguarding of students in line with centre policy, acting as a Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead and monitoring the emergency phone on a rota basis.
- To track student performance, liaising with the academic team to identify suitable intervention strategies, and ensuring performance and progression records are maintained.
- To complete direct entry applications for students and submit to partner universities.
- To monitor, track and provide reports on student destination offers and assist students in finding alternative choices where they do not meet their progression requirements.
- To assist in ensuring the well-being of under 18’s through the daily check-in process.
- To assist in organising and delivering student induction, including ensuring UKVI compliance requirements are met through document checks and data inputting.
- To deal with general student queries – face to face, by email and phone
- To foster productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Any other duties as required by the Progression and Welfare Support Coordinator and the Senior Management Team.
- To adhere to all compliance requirements in relation to GDPR, UKVI requirements, Safeguarding and Health and Safety.
- Level 4 (HNC/HND/Foundation Degree/Year) – essential or Degree level or equivalent (preferable)
- Experience of working in a student support setting, ideally with international students, or other similar setting.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to students or clients.
- Experience and understanding of compliance requirements such as UKVI requirements and safeguarding.
- Experience of working with students with special educational needs or an understanding of SEN support requirements is desirable.
- Experience of working with students for whom English is a second language is desirable.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with several Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017, 2018 and 2020 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.