Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
Start date: September 2021.
Contract type: Fixed term, full time until 31/12/2022
We are Study Group, an international education provider launching an exciting new partnership with the University of Huddersfield, aimed at delivering Postgraduate programmes in Accounting and Finance. Our courses allow students to benefit from the reputation of the University of Huddersfield’s teaching quality and employability success, but with all the opportunities that London has to offer. We strive to create a better world through education and value student-centred Lecturers that share the same passion.
We are looking for a Senior Lecturer who will plan, design and deliver education programmes at master’s level and will actively engage in subject, professional and/or pedagogy research and scholarship. You should be qualified to Doctoral level in an appropriate subject area. We are looking for a motivated individual who is also an engaging teacher, keen to conduct high quality research and who can contribute to our external engagement activities and ambitions.
Please note that successful candidates will be appointed through a Study Group contract and not a University contract. Similarly, the successful candidate will not be eligible to join the University’s pension scheme but can opt to join the Study Group pension scheme. Any research outputs produced while employed by Study Group will be affiliated to Study Group. There will be opportunities for the successful candidate to engage in research activities at the University of Huddersfield.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules offered by Huddersfield in London appropriate to subject area.
- Act as a module leader.
- Write, prepare and mark unit examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment.
- Develop and update course material for units and teaching sessions, including unit material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Track student academic journey and identify and implement appropriate intervention strategies to support on-going learning.
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses.
- Develop an active research record securing appropriate publications or other recognised forms of output.
- Engage in subject, professional and/or pedagogy research and scholarship.
- PhD in Subject area
- FHEA Teaching qualification is desirable.
- Pipeline of publications record in internationally recognised refereed journals, demonstrating an area of research strength and /or the potential to publish papers of high quality.
- Prior experience of teaching Postgraduate programmes.
- Ability to teach in the subject area on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Ability to direct and support postgraduate students in research activities (taught courses and research degrees)
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday pro-rated, paid in lieu of the end of the contract.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with several Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.