Digital Marketing & Communications Officer
6 days left
- Full Time
DGHE is the Higher Education division of David Game College, offering diploma and degree programmes in the City of London. Established in 1974, the College is Ofsted inspected, QAA reviewed and OfS registered with a reputation for quality and academic excellence.
We are looking for someone with a positive can-do attitude to join our team as Digital Marketing & Communications Officer for a June/July 2021 start. This person will strengthen our efforts to build awareness about our existing and new programmes and expand student recruitment in the UK.
David Game Higher Education (DGHE) has embarked on an exciting period of growth and is now seeking an enthusiastic Digital Marketing and Communications Officer to be responsible for implementing marketing and communications strategies that build the college’s brand, expand student recruitment, increase participation of diverse social groups and strengthen stakeholder engagement. This role shall include contributing to marketing strategy, creating online and offline content, managing marketing campaigns and various communication channels such as social media and ad placements in coordination with and supported by colleagues. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong digital communications skills; have an undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in marketing/communications or a related field and 2+ years of work experience in the field of education.
- Promote DGHE and its range of courses and services to students in the UK and abroad, their parents/guardians, their advisors, sponsors, recruitment agents and other relevant organisations and stakeholders, primarily through digital channels.
- Digital marketing: Produce and disseminate creative and strategic content, manage posts and engagements on social media, the college website and e-newsletters, as well as managing digital advertising campaigns (primarily Google and Facebook).
- Website Management: Produce, manage and publish content on the DGHE website. Manage CRM integration, monitor leads, optimise SEO and report findings on analytics, user experience, click through and bounce rate, return on investment, etc.; fix technical bugs and advise on website improvements.
- Digital auditing and maintenance: Regularly assess the strengths and weaknesses of all DGHE digital channels; identify issues and attend to optimizing these channels, including the DGHE website, social media, e-newsletters, CRM, etc.
- Content production: Develop content plans, such as written captions and campaign taglines, artwork concepts to fit the channel specifications, choice of imagery, etc., but graphic design or video content may be developed together with contractors and teammates (responsible for media concepts, not necessarily technical production).
- Advertising/media campaigns: Manage the strategy and end-to-end implementation and monitoring of digital advertising campaigns through Google Adwords, Facebook Ads Manager and other social media, partner platforms and other digital channels. Also support the development and implementation wider (online or offline) communications campaigns.
- Increase participation: Attract more students from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds, including the BAME community, different abilities and age groups through strategic engagement with associations and community groups.
- Events and engagement activities: Support colleagues in planning for, carrying out and amplifying the stories of activities such as student recruitment fairs, VIP special guests, student career guidance, wellbeing activities and others.
- Strategy: DGHE has already set its strategic direction, but the Digital Marketing and Communications Officer can add value by contributing to marketing strategy and tactics with the support of colleagues and advisors.
- Coordinating Marketing and Communications tasks: Work together with a team spanning DGHE and David Game College Group to gather inputs, plan campaigns, implement strategies and report on results of various projects.
- Monitoring and evaluation: Continuously monitor the output of marketing and communications efforts; provide regular reports tracking Key Performance Indicators; identify challenges or lessons learned and make recommendations to inform communications activities going forward.
- Support the DGHE team with all relevant day-to-day communications tasks. Attend and participate in departmental meetings and follow through on action points within the scope of marketing and communications.
- Ensure that DGHE is compliant at all times with all relevant licensing, GDPR and accreditation bodies and any other relevant organisation, as well as ensuring that where appropriate our partners are consulted on content and approve.
Working hours: Normally Monday to Friday 9.00am – 6.00pm but may involve additional/flexible working hours depending on the nature of the event, Covid-19 restrictions (e.g. working from home) and/or occasional UK travel.
Please apply via the link