Lecturer in Engineering Electrical & Electronics
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners in college and the workplace.
The Position: We’re looking for a Lecturer in Engineering Electrical & Electronics
Requirements for the role:
- Teaching and management of learning programmes and curriculum development.
- Assessing learner work and offering feedback in a timely manner to take them to their own next level.
- To liaise with assessors and employers to ensure there is clear communication between all parties.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Address and deliver the appraisal targets set by the line manager in order to continually develop your knowledge and practices.
- Be actively involved in the collaborative approach to cross college working
- Take a proactive approach to Safeguarding requirements and ensuring that there is total compliance with its requirements to safeguard and protect the welfare of staff and students
The Location: The post is based at the Nuneaton Campus – but delivery to other sites will be required. These are great places to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Our College welcomes staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds, and our College values promote respect for those of all races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We recognise that diversity and difference brings richness to our College. Being inclusive and enabling people to thrive and give their best is essential to our College and in us being able to deliver the best possible services to the communities we serve.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and offer flexible working opportunities including family friendly policies and procedures.
What we do
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College (NWSLC) is a large Further Education college offering a wide range of full-time, part-time, Higher Education and Apprenticeship programmes over six campuses based within Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
The College also works with over 600 businesses across a wide range of sectors – working with organisations to determine their ‘training needs analysis’. We then design a programme to match your (the employer’s) requirements.
At the heart of our college community sits a set of values:
- Respect and Nurture
- Inspire and Aspire
- Be Agile and Responsive
- Be Honest and Accountable
These values shape and guide how we behave. The generosity, care and compassion of our staff and students are reflected in our support for many charities as well as in the work we do within our local communities.