Group CSR Project Coordinator (Fixed Term) (LCC2676)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
The vacancy is 29.6 hours per week
This is a fixed term maternity cover due to end on the 30 June 2022
WHAT WE DO
Whilst being a core member of the Group Innovation and Development team, this role will coordinate projects and events, associated with the implementation of a Group wide approach to Corporate Social Responsibility. The role will help create opportunities for staff to ‘make a difference’ outside of their job roles and support the social mobility agenda and associated strategic priorities. There will be a variety of project implementation, monitoring and evaluation within the role, and the expectation to help drive cohesion and collaboration across the group, utilising creative outlets.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support management with a range of duties, that support the implementation of a group wide approach to Corporate Social Responsibility, in line with relevant strategies.
- Create meaningful volunteering opportunities for staff and students to ‘make a difference’ outside of their job roles and studies, supporting the social mobility agenda and CSR internal and regional priorities.
- Coordinate a range of small to medium projects, which enhance the student experience and align with strategic priorities and external benchmarks, such as the Education Inspection Framework. Ensuring all work is tracked, monitored and evaluated effectively.
- Work effectively with CSR Special Interest Groups across Luminate, to coordinate projects, support their ambitions and seek collaborative practice, where appropriate.
- Matrix manage CSR project team members in line with project deliverables, and supervise members of the Group Innovation and Development, where appropriate.
- Collect and collate statistical information, support focus groups and undertake research in relation to the CSR agenda across the sector, locally, regionally, nationally and globally. Present findings to management, in order to drive continuous improvements and innovative thinking.
- Design and coordinate events with internal and external stakeholders, in line with CSR priorities, to include negotiating with suppliers and ensuring all deliverables are met and all communication with stakeholders is undertaken effectively.
- Provide advice to managers in relation to the design and organisation of new activities and projects, that support the achievement of their strategic and departmental priorities.
- Utilise effective project management skills to support the management team within the department, to achieve agreed long-term objectives, including seeking project funding related to CSR priorities.
- Support the delivery of training and presentations, as appropriate.
- Deal with the requisition for goods and services and process invoices using the College’s financial portal.
- Professional and technical knowledge Committed to enhancing professional / technical knowledge and job related skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to deliver and communicate well with customers and colleagues throughout the Group
- Attention to detail Able to work accurately and carefully at all times
- Initiative and judgement Ability to take day-to-day decisions to resolve problems and queries within given parameters and policies
- Team work Ability to collaborate with colleagues to produce results
- Time management Able to balance multiple tasks and to respond to changing priorities to ensure deadlines are met
- Enduring resilience Continually exuding optimism, a ‘can do’ attitude and an ability to learn from mistakes
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
To apply for this role, please follow the link.