Group Project & Innovation Coordinator (LCC2674)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
Group Business Development & Innovation Project Coordinator The role is pivotal to ensuring that innovation projects and business development activity are designed, coordinated and delivered effectively across Luminate Education Group, resulting in high impact outcomes for our students, group, local communities and the achievement of strategic priorities, in line with our desired culture. This role will help drive continuous improvement, collaborative practice and deliver projects across a number of work streams, from within the Group Innovation and Development team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- To support new and existing projects across Luminate Education Group. This will include end to end project coordination and a high level of stakeholder engagement
- Co-managing the delivery of strategic aims such as Corporate Social Responsibility, Lean Six Sigma, Student Leadership Programmes and Race Equality CPD
- Use research to guide and advise on strategic development activities and identify new opportunities across the Group
- Evaluate the impact of projects across the Group, providing reports and/or data as appropriate. Analytics used from lessons learnt will be used to provide the baseline for future projects
- Ensure Project Leads are briefed and supported with all aspects of a project, this can include compliance considerations, budgets and external stakeholder management
- Provide guidance and support to the Group Project and Innovation Manager while working holistically across the team
- Where required, provide project management for either the full life-cycle of a project, or until such a time an appropriate Project Lead takes responsibility
- Coordinate activity that supports the Innovation & Development Management Team, in relation to strategic projects across the Group
- Direct line management of the Project Assistant with guidance and support where needed
- Ability to drive results while bringing people on that journey in a way which is authentic and empowering
- Project management experience
- Attention to detail and key stakeholder management will be essential
- Throughout any life cycle of a project you will identify future opportunities and make connections to other parts of the business, driving a 'stronger together' ethos
- Creative thinking
- Collaborative working and the need to work in a way which is fluid will all be essential
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
To apply for this role, please follow the link.