Student Data Officer
Contract Type: Full time, Fixed Term until 24/09/2021
We are looking for a Student Data Officer to provide effective management and maintenance of student records to support timely and accurate reporting of assessment and student achievement.
Responsible for the production and distribution of student, staff and room timetables for the Centre and monitoring the actual use of timetabled and other Centre space.
Effective contribution to collaborative decisions within the International Study Centre, working with others to reach optimal conclusions, such as providing advice and guidance regarding assessment outcomes, extenuating circumstances procedures, timetabling.
The successful candidate will have strong organisational and time management skills and excellent IT skills including the ability to create and use spreadsheets at a highly proficient level.
- To administer and provide administrative support to the assessment boards.
- To deal accurately, courteously, and promptly with queries relating to assessment and to provide advice and guidance to staff and students with regards to the Awarding University(s) assessment regulations and procedures.
- To provide administrative support to the creation of assessment/examination schedules.
- To provide administrative support to the operation of examinations and video assessments in liaison with the Head of Academic Programmes and Quality.
- To provide administrative support in arranging first marking allocation and assessment marker packs for tutors.
- To ensure accurate maintenance of the mark entry system, dealing with any queries and providing support and training to staff members.
- To ensure assessment records are accurately maintained on the Student Records System, including but not limited to amendments resulting from decisions made by assessment boards, academic misconduct panels and academic appeals boards.
- To provide administrative support in preparing and collating Sample Marking for External Examiners through Canvas VLE.
- To raise the profile of assessment procedures, including undertaking staff briefing sessions across all sites, and regular communication and circulation of student assessment-related information.
- To act as a Committee Secretary as required by the Head of Academic Programmes and Quality and Head of Student Experience, organising agendas and papers for meetings, writing minutes and reports, and advising members as required on points of regulation and/or procedure.
- To act as a first point of contact for the Timetabling team.
- To coordinate the production of course timetables for the centre, within agreed timescales making full use of the functionality of timetabling software.
- To provide advice, support and guidance to Centre staff on matters relating to timetabling, timetabling protocols and processes.
- To work in collaboration with the Timetabling Officers from across Study Group and Kingston University, in order to build a network of contacts for sharing knowledge and expertise.
- Experience of gathering, analysing and presenting datasets along with a high level of problem-solving skills in accordance with procedures.
- The ability to interpret and apply assessment regulations and policies and apply them to your day-to-day work.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain a professional manner and calm approach in a busy office environment and in delivery of assessment and timetabling services for students and staff.