Centre Director - Lancaster ISC
We are currently recruiting for a Centre Director for our Lancaster University International Study Centre to provide academic and operational leadership to the team responsible for designing and delivering the International Study Centre’s (ISC) portfolio of programmes; and to lead the relationship with the partner university in respect of operational and academic management matters. To provide clear strategic direction for the ISC in line with the companies in conjunction with the ISC and Study Group’s wider management team.
- Lead and motivate team to contribute to ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Create and regularly update the ISC’s Partnership Development Plan and other strategic documents, to ensure their currency.
- Represent the ISC on key joint committees and in the absence of the Director/Deputy; deputise on strategic groups.
- Lead the planning, management and delivery of all the ISC’s academic programmes and courses to ensure the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Set the framework for and oversee the allocation of teaching resources, ensuring that teaching and learning activities are planned and delivered within an agreed budget and meet operational margins.
- Ensure that teaching resources are planned and allocated in good time before the start of each term.
- Provide leadership to ensure that the ISC designs and introduces new courses and products as appropriate to the ISC’s strategic Partnership Development Plan.
- Construct and ensure the delivery of the ISC’s Partnership Development Plan.
- Lead on ensuring that the design and delivery of all courses are conducted with reference to and according to Study Group’s, partner universities and relevant external agencies’ quality frameworks, policies, procedures and codes of practice. This includes the production and delivery of such documentation as is required by Study Group’s Academic Office/Registry on an Annual or ad hoc basis.
- Lead on ensuring the implementation of actions from the Centre Action Plan and monitor and report regularly on progress against actions in the Centre Action Plan.
- Run and chair relevant governance committees and groups as agreed with the ISC Director or Deputy Director, the Provider and/or the partner university.
- Ensure high levels of automatic progression are achieved for students across all modules, courses and programmes.
- Analyse data and feedback from a wide variety of sources to monitor progress towards progression targets, planning and implementing remedial actions where necessary, supporting the relevant teams to achieve this.
- Provide reports, data and recommendations to key partnership meetings and Provider management and academic governance meetings.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key contacts at the partner university, ensuring a full understanding of relevant university curriculum content, assessment modes and quality policies and procedures.
- Masters Degree or equivalent
- Teaching qualification
- Leadership and management experience of a centre/college or department in a teaching and learning environment
- Experience of being involved in quality assurance processes UK higher or further education
- Experience of facilitating culture change for improvement
- Experience of efficient resource planning and running complex education courses and programmes
- Experience of partnership working or partnership management in the education sector