Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a full time School Chaplain to work in our family of Midlands Academy Trust schools, and work alongside our well-established College Chaplaincy.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience in working alongside people of all faiths and none, and able to demonstrate sustained and successful work with young people.
- The ability to practice empathy, excellent communication, sensitivity, and calm, especially during times of tragedy and grief.
- A personal commitment to their faith and who is ideally an active member of a church or body which is in membership of Churches Together in England or the Free Churches Group.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Working collaboratively with the College Chaplain to build the chaplaincy service across the partnering schools, offering a non-judgmental listening ear and pastoral support to staff and students of all faiths and none.
- Maintain a variety of chaplaincy services including pastoral mentoring for students, offering support on matters of faith and spirituality, conducting assemblies and lessons, and facilitating activities that recognise key religious and cultural festivals.
- Actively support Midlands Academy Trust School and College policies and procedures, including those regarding equality of opportunity, diversity and social inclusion whilst carrying out any other duties that may be required by the MAT Schools or College to meet changing circumstances.
The Location: You will be working across our trust schools, but you will be based at our Nuneaton campus. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Our College welcomes staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds, and our College values promote respect for those of all races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We recognise that diversity and difference brings richness to our College. Being inclusive and enabling people to thrive and give their best is essential to our College and in us being able to deliver the best possible services to the communities we serve.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and offer flexible working opportunities including family friendly policies and procedures.