Woodsetton Medical Centre
Booking appointments, ringing patients, to follow confidentiality at all times, issuing of prescriptions, photocopying, scanning of documents and answering the phone.
A Medical Receptionist/Administrator’s job is to carry out duties assigned by the GP and Management team or any suitable qualified professional. Attend to patients on the phone and in person. Coordinate and organize appointments and documentation to facilitate the smooth running of the healthcare environment and support delivery of quality patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Transfer calls as required
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains and manage patient records
- Register patients to complete all necessary forms and documentation
- Ensure patient information is accurate
- Scanning, filing and faxing documentation
- Read coding of patient information
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information
- Ensure reception and working area is well maintained, neat and clean
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Participate in training that is requested for you
- Complete other clerical duties as assigned
- This job description is not exhaustive and may be adjusted periodically after review and consultation