Vocational Link Worker
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College – one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a Part time Vocational Link Worker.
Requirements for the role:
- Must have a good awareness of strategies to support students with a range of needs including social, emotional and behavioural
- Previous experience of working with students with a broad range of pastoral and support needs
- Be in possession of a recognised safeguarding qualification at Level 2 or above
Responsibilities for the role:
- To work with students on an agreed basis to ensure that their pastoral and welfare needs are met
- To develop an understanding of the specific needs of the students and to support the development of strategies to meet their needs.
- To use behaviour management strategies, (in line with the College’s policy and procedures) and report issues appropriately to ensure support is made available
The Location: The role is based at our South Wigston campus, but the role may require the post holder to work across all campus locations.
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is £13,784 to £14,082pa *Important please see below*
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
* Please note the following:
- The commencing salary will be adjusted if the number of weeks worked is less than 36 weeks in the first year of employment.
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Our College welcomes staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds, and our College values promote respect for those of all races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We recognise that diversity and difference brings richness to our College. Being inclusive and enabling people to thrive and give their best is essential to our College and in us being able to deliver the best possible services to the communities we serve.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and offer flexible working opportunities including family friendly policies and procedures.