Lecturer in Sport
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
South Leicestershire College is part of North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College – one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a part time (22.5 hours per week) Lecturer in Sport
Requirements for the role:
- Appropriate teaching qualification
- Literacy and Numeracy qualifications to at least Level 2 / equivalent or be prepared to develop a plan to achieve within the first year of appointment
- Significant experience of working in the sport and/or leisure industry
Responsibilities for the role:
- Planning, preparing and delivering an informative and engaging scheme of work to educate and challenge our learners.
- Management of learning programmes and curriculum development
- Preparation of student assessments and marking of students’ work
The Location: The College is based in South Leicestershire but will require multi-site working with regular meetings held at our Nuneaton Campus. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- We offer great holidays and access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Our College welcomes staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds, and our College values promote respect for those of all races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We recognise that diversity and difference brings richness to our College. Being inclusive and enabling people to thrive and give their best is essential to our College and in us being able to deliver the best possible services to the communities we serve.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and offer flexible working opportunities including family friendly policies and procedures.