Business Administrator/Medical Receptionist Apprenticeship
Employer Name: The Limes Medical Centre
This is an exciting opportunity for a person-centred applicant, working in the busy GP surgery this role includes answering phone calls, booking appointments and dealing with patients queries and referrals. Currently the surgery is closed to visitors but once it is open, the role will include face to face customer service.
- We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Reception team as a Medical Receptionist and give us a day’s cover as a Secretary, to cross cover the Practice Medical Secretary on annual leave etc.
- This is a great opportunity to be part of a forward thinking long standing Practice that offers a friendly and kind environment
- We provide services to nearly 7300 patients
Duties and Responsibilities - Primary role will be to cover Reception
To provide medical Reception support to the Practice, the main duties and responsibilities are:
- Answering the telephone and greeting visitors at reception, promptly, at the moment surgeries are closed for Patients, limited patients only after telephone screening by a clinician we invite patients to visit the practice
- Making appointments using the EMIS WEB system - Administering the repeat prescriptions procedure and sorting all medical centre post -
- Ensuring the smooth running of all surgeries and clinics - Dealing with general enquiries from patients and visitors
- This is secondary role where the ideal candidate will have secretarial role exposure to provide cross cover when the Practice medical secretarial is away of annual leave
- Submitting patient routine and 2 week wait referrals. Coordinating with patients and the appropriate secondary care departments
- Producing and submitting clinical letters and reports as requested by our GPs and Health Care Professionals
- Monitoring hospital referral letters via the e-Referral system
- Sending 2WW (Two Week Wait) referrals by the appropriate system as presented and ensuring the referral is recorded appropriately, checking that 2WW referrals have been attended and report any DNAs to the referring GP
- Advising doctors of rejected referrals and ensuring these are dealt with on a timely basis
- Assisting the Management Team with all clerical and administrative duties if required
- Dealing with clinician and patient queries concerning referrals etc.
- Communicate effectively with individuals across the surgery, and with third parties, with appropriate regard to confidentiality
- Provide Reception cover on specific days as contract and, if needed, for other staff members during periods of sickness and annual leave
- The role is varied and busy and would suit an individual who is able to prioritise and organise a busy workload, use their own initiative, communicate across all levels of the Practice, and has good attention to detail
For more information or to apply, please click the link.