Apprentice Timber Frame Design Technician
Employer Name: M T E (Leicester) Limited
This is a varied role, providing you with the all the relevant skills and experience for a successful career in this sector. Day to day tasks will include, preparing detailed setting out designs using 2D AutoCAD, progressing the 2D layouts into a 3D model used to then produce fabrication drawings for the factory/site use.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy and vibrant team at MTE as an apprentice.
You will be part of the department team, responsible for:
- Producing CAD drawings in 2D and 3D
- Develop skills in design and drawing techniques within a fast-paced workplace
- Our timber frame designers are responsible for designing the entire structural envelope of a building from soleplate to roof. This will include off site manufactured timber wall panels, loose joist packs/pre-fabricated floor cassettes, roof trusses, any required steel work and any other ancillary items included in the project
Other aspects of the role include
- Assisting the Estimating department with roof and floor joist quotations and enquires
- Attending design meetings
- General office administration and printing and monthly stocktaking duties
To apply for this role, please follow the link.