Employer Name: Westland Castings Co Ltd
A new position is being created for an apprentice to join our small Aluminium Foundry in Wellingborough. The position is to learn all aspects of aluminium casting manufacture and involves a approximately one week’s training per month at a training centre. You may be required to stay in the area of the centre for the week.
You will learn the below on the job as well as attending the Metal Casting, Foundry and Patternmaking Technician Apprenticeship on a block release basis:
- Initially working on the shop floor spending significant time in all areas of manufacture and acquiring good levels of skills
- Building a good working relationship with all members of staff in order to help introduce modern working practises and improve foundry processes longer term
- To understand costs and budget effects of quality and help improve shop floor practises in this regard
- Production planning
- Costing and quoting
- Casting and tooling design
- Tool maintenance
- New product introduction and project management
- Quality systems
- Understanding machining
For more information or to apply, please click the link.