Training Co-ordinator in Electrical
We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering campus for a Training Co-ordinator in Electrical to become a key member of our Apprenticeships department.
As a Training Co-ordinator in Electrical, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Coordinating the training for work-based provision.
- Delivering and assessing knowledge and competence components for work-based learners.
- Ensuring that tracking systems for work-based learners are updated regularly and accurately.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with employers and classroom-based tutors to ensure regular communication about performance and progress.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working in the Electrical industry and experience of teaching and assessing NVQ 3 work in Electrical installation, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 qualification in Electrical Installation (2360, 2330, 2365) together with NVQ or equivalent qualification (NVQ 3 in Electrical Installation) qualified electrician status
- English and Mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent.
- TAQA L4 or equivalent qualification (or be working towards)
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training or equivalent qualification
No assessor qualification, but significant industry or subject knowledge? Not a problem. If you do not hold the relevant assessors qualification, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group we will enrol you on a Level 4 Assessors Apprenticeship, for more information about the apprenticeship and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
39 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
273 hours holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.