Head of Engineering
We have a great opportunity based at our Corby campus for a Head of Engineering to become a key member of our Engineering department.
As a Head of Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Leading the management of all aspects of the operation and development of the Department working within the College’s management framework to deliver high quality learning programmes with high levels of student success and an unbeatable student experience
- Proactively contributing to achieve the College’s Strategic Plan
Our ideal candidates will have relevant work experience in the sector to underpin subject leadership with credibility and authority and recent experience of successful management/ team leadership in Further Education, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in Engineering/relevant discipline
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert Ed or equivalent)
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
318.2 hour holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.