Data Protection Officer
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford or Kettering campus for a Data Protection Officer to become a key member of our Information Systems department.
As a Data Protection Officer, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Advising on compliance with GDPR and local data protection laws.
- Monitoring our adherence to GDPR standards and acting as a point of contact with supervisory authorities and data subjects.
- Creating processes and procedures to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Delivering GDPR training to our staff to increase awareness of data protection measures.
Our ideal candidates will have detailed experience of GDPR and data protection laws and proven track record of compliance checking, alongside the following qualifications:
- HND or equivalent
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A*-C or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
25-29 hours per week (0.64102 – 0.74358 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
273 hours holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.