Corporate Communications Assistant
We have a great opportunity for a Corporate Communications Assistant to become a key member of our Marketing department at our Bedford campus.
As Corporate Communications Assistant you will play a pivotal role in helping to build the reputation of The Bedford College Group whilst having the chance to gain a Level 4 PR & Communications Assistant Higher Apprenticeship. Your duties will include:
- Writing creative copy for a range of internal and external communications, such as e-newsletters, websites and direct mail
- Assisting in sending out communications via email and direct mail
- Updating the staff intranet and assisting in creating content, such as videos
- Assisting in the production and distribution of the staff magazine
- Maintaining a log of PR stories and posting these on our websites and social media channels
- Assisting with the project management of face-to-face and digital corporate events.
Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and highly organised. You will need to have a passion and flair for writing engaging copy through the art of storytelling, display great attention to detail and be social media and IT savvy.
- GCSE Maths and English (grades A* to C) or equivalent
- Educated to Level 3, such as A-Level or BTEC Extended Diploma
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
39 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
273 hours holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.