Assistant Principal: Higher Education
Raising Higher Aspirations. Your Opportunity
Blackburn College has a distinctive position in higher education. We are one of the largest providers of Higher Education in a college environment, and the scale of our provision is matched by our influence and innovation. We achieve very significant outcomes for students and respond to every opportunity to meet the needs of employers and seek to be their provider of choice. An already diverse curriculum and qualifications range will embrace new opportunities through higher and degree level apprenticeships as well as new qualification formats. Our growth and our performance enhancement have been achieved through anticipation, responsiveness and outstanding quality. External reports on our Higher Education verify this.
We continue to develop our relationships with universities of international standing, including our validating partners. We consider our approach to be sector-leading. At the same time we have interfaces with national and international business and our community focus means that we are committed to develop further our presence around Blackburn and Darwen and in conjunction with the local authority and others. This includes the unique strategic alliance: a collaboration between Lancaster University, Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council and Blackburn College.
The Assistant Principal: Higher Education will provide inspirational leadership of the University Centre at Blackburn College (UCBC) to deliver an excellent student experience by generating an academic culture that blends education, research and professional practice. The role will require leadership across academic, strategic and operational domains. The role holder will be a member of the College’s Leadership Team.
Applicants can come from the full Higher Education spectrum of Higher Education institutions including Colleges with higher education provision and agencies, and must have relevant experience and perspectives. The person will have high credibility within the College and in all its strategic and operational contexts.
Successful delivery of the role of Assistant Principal: Higher Education requires a person who will add value to an already developed body of provision, and will:
- demonstrate clear understanding of both the market and policy context of college-based Higher Education, with its emphasis on vocational and professional curriculum;
- ensure full institutional compliance with official mandates, demonstrating knowledge of achieving best institutional outcomes;
- be comfortable with and demonstrate success in meeting targets;
- deliver clear strategic thinking, complemented by the ability to translate policy into successful delivery;
- provide inspirational academic leadership accompanied by support for Scholarship and Research;
- have an acute understanding of and practice in business planning;
- develop external links as appropriate, incorporating business opportunities and academic partnerships;
How to Apply
- Closing Date: 9am Thursday 13 May 2021
- Scheduled Date of Assessment Centre: Thursday 10 June 2021
As an individual you will be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Link to view our HE Review:-
Blackburn College values diversity and is committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Please apply via the link.