Specialist Learning Support Assistant
- Hours: 18.5 hours per week
- Weeks: Term time only, 40 weeks per year
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working with students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- An awareness of the 2014 SEND reforms (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities)
- Enthusiasm and commitment to all tasks undertaken
- A minimum of GCSE grades 9 - 4 / A*- C in Maths and English, or equivalent, for example Functional Skills Level 2
- Level 2 qualification relevant to learner support
Wakefield College offers a range of benefits and you will be joining a dedicated team of professionals within the Additional Learning Support area. This is also an ideal role if you have thought about stepping into teaching and would like to support students with their studies.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Access to the West Yorkshire Pension Scheme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Tuesday 4 May 2021
Interview date: Monday 10 May 2021
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.