Coach - Legal Apprenticeships
Contract: Permanent (Part time at 22.5 hours per week)
Guiding future legal professionals to successful completion of their apprenticeship portfolios
From coaching apprentices to preparing reflective statements and collating evidence in their portfolios, this is a unique opportunity to drive excellence in support for the next generation of legal professionals. As an experienced and qualified solicitor, you will play a key role in the success of legal apprentices.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting apprentices in achieving the apprenticeship outcomes and applying their knowledge, skills, and behaviours in the workplace.
- Coaching apprentices through the process of collecting evidence, preparing reflective statements, and collating evidence in their portfolio.
- Delivering group coaching sessions and designing and updating materials to support these sessions.
- Reviewing evidence against the apprenticeship outcomes and coaching the apprentice to consider the extent to which that evidence demonstrates the outcome(s).
- Reviewing apprentice reflections on their evidence and guiding apprentices to improve these
- Assisting apprentices with identifying gaps in evidence and providing suggestions for opportunities to evidence outstanding apprentice outcomes.
- Helping apprentices identify and select evidence for their final portfolio ready for review and/or assessment.
- Arranging meetings each term with apprentices
- Liaising with apprentice supervisors and key contacts at client employers for the purposes of supporting apprentice portfolio and skills development and identifying opportunities for work-based learning.
- Marking and providing feedback for assessments linked to workplace evidence and apprentice portfolios.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements and policies including tracking progress of learners and maintaining accurate learner records.
- Working closely with the apprenticeship managers to support learners.
- Keeping up to date with best practice
Join the BPP Family
The world is changing. Help us disrupt, innovate, and build careers through education. Established for over 40 years, we’re a global education provider delivering diverse qualifications for professionals at every stage of their career.
Committed? Passionate? Self-determined? Now’s your chance to be part of our exciting world.
Find more about joining the BPP family here.
What we’re looking for
- Qualified barrister (with practice experience)
- A recognised teaching or coaching qualification is ideal
- Experience of teaching, training, coaching or mentoring in academic, pro-bono or a dedicated Learning and Development environment
- Understanding of current practice in the legal sector through regular engagement with legal employers, industry associations, law societies and other organisations, as appropriate.
- Excellent organisation/communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, including in relation to online meetings, and a willingness to become proficient in the use of portfolios
- Excellent planning skills ensuring regular, structured, and positive contact points with legal apprentices in accordance with the programme requirements
- The ability to accurately document meetings and maintain detailed records of all contact and interactions with legal apprentices
- A positive commitment towards and an understanding of the needs and issues faced by legal apprentice students
- Initiative and passion for the programme which is compatible with the BPP mission statement
- The ability to work as part of a team and a willingness to share best practice with others.
- Subject/practice area knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and flexibly
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and students
Sound like the perfect fit? Apply today.