Head of Faculty
Contract: Permanent, Full time OR Part time (30 hours per week).
Leading and managing faculty tutors to support in the delivery of BPP’s Law school Programmes
Working with the Director of Staffing, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the ‘life cycle’ of faculty members from recruitment to end of employment. This will include the management of faculty workload, tracking and management of faculty training and development, monitoring performance and compliance with HR policies and procedures, in addition to the management of faculty well-being and career development. This is an excellent opportunity to take on a leadership position to really shape the future direction of our School.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with the Director of Staffing and Group HR to recruit new faculty and ensure their smooth on-boarding, induction, and probation
- Working with key stakeholders to recruit, on-board and manage freelance tutors, including tutor observations
- Conducting meetings with faculty reports and take actions to address issues, escalating matters as required
- Working with key stakeholders to set and monitor targets for faculty, identifying any performance/capability issues and implement plans to address them
- Liaising closely with the resource team to plan faculty’s workload to ensure faculty members are being utilised appropriately to maintain operating efficiencies within the School whilst also balancing their well-being
- Working with the Head of Training & Development and the training team to co-ordinate and track academic scholarship activity for all teaching faculty
- Tracking and guide the career development and training of faculty
- Managing faculty members to ensure that BPP policies and procedures are adhered to
- Reviewing student feedback and work with the Head of Training & Development to address any issues
- Working with the training team to ensure tutor observations are conducted and escalate issues for intervention
- Implementing and deliver training plans for faculty within the School, specific to their individual training needs
- Leading on initiatives to develop and retain talent and improve working life within the School and BPP
- Representing the Law School on internal projects
Join the BPP Family
The world is changing. Help us disrupt, innovate, and achieve our collective goal of Building Careers Through Education. Established for over 40 years, we’re a global education provider delivering diverse qualifications for professionals at every stage of their career.
Committed? Passionate? Self-determined? Now’s your chance to be part of our exciting world.
What we’re looking for
- Ideally educated to degree-level, however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered
- Extensive operational experience, with the demonstrable ability to manage several projects at the same time
- Experience of working in resourcing/people management
- Strong people skills with experience in having robust conversations and ability to manage challenging situations and conversations (mentoring, collaboration, advocacy, and negotiation)
- Self-motivated with demonstrable capability of taking initiative
- Positive attitude to inspire team to reach targets, whilst remaining empathetic to individual needs
- Experience of negotiation with and managing different stakeholders
- Ability to manage risks and to respond to issues quickly and effectively
- High level communication skills with the ability to represent the Law School in different contexts
- Ability to set up processes with appropriate KPIs and ensure they are managed end to end
- Ability to work with data to support decision-making and activity
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
Sound like the perfect fit? Apply today.