Lecturer in Psychology - Occupational Psychology
Combining academic excellence with real-life focus
Be the subject-matter expert guiding students through a comprehensive range of psychology subjects, supervising their development during knowledge building, assessments and dissertations. Providing quality support and encouragement along the way, you’re essential to delivering the academic excellence of a university with the real-life focus of this professional environment – helping all individuals acquire practical skills and discover their career potential throughout a challenging but rewarding learner journey.
What you’ll be doing
- Teaching on a range of psychology subjects as required
- Staying informed of new field developments and remaining a subject-matter expert
- Working towards attainment of the level 7 PGCPHE or Fellowship of the HEA
- Drafting formative and summative assessment materials, and assisting in assessments
- Supervising students’ dissertations, including offering regular study support
- Marking and sharing feedback aligned with BPP policies
- Contributing to curriculum development work, such as updating programme materials
- Providing pastoral support and guidance to students
- Offering skills development coaching on relevant programmes and modules
- Contributing to BPP marketing, business development, outreach and employability activities
Join the BPP Family
The world is changing. Help us disrupt, innovate and achieve our collective goal of Building Careers Through Education. Established for over 40 years, we’re a global education provider delivering diverse qualifications for professionals at every stage of their career.
Committed? Passionate? Self-determined? Now’s your chance to be part of our exciting world.
What we’re looking for
- PhD in Psychology or near completion
- Teaching qualification or relevant experience relevant to the discipline a huge plus
- Experience in teaching psychology modules at University level
- Expertise in Statistics and Research methods, as well as Applied/Occupational Psychology
- Ability to develop short CPD courses
- Examples of independently designing teaching materials, including lectures and seminars
- Self-motivated to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills
- Can work collaboratively as a team
- Good IT skills
Sound like the perfect fit? Apply today.