Construction Workshop Facilitator
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Do you want to join a hardworking and successful department that delivers an extensive construction curriculum to a growing number of students?
Our Construction department delivers a range of training and learning programmes covering: Bricklaying, Bench Joinery and Site Carpentry, Plastering, Electrical Installation and Plumbing, with qualifications from entry level to Level 4 (HNC).
This is an excellent opportunity to apply your technical abilities and pass on your trade skills, helping develop our students’ knowledge and understanding of the construction industry from a practical point of view.
As a Construction Workshop Facilitator, your role will focus on providing technical support in the workshops for the delivery of the Construction Craft / Building Services curriculum, including the preparation of materials and equipment, general maintenance of the workshops, maintaining health and safety and ensuring adequate stock is readily available. On occasion you will also assist the teaching staff with demonstrating, instructing, and assessing learners in practical activities associated with a particular trade.
As a Construction Workshop Facilitator, you should:
- Hold a Level 2 qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant vocational area e.g. craft, plumbing, electrical
- Hold a First Aid qualification, or willingness to achieve one within 6 months
- Have GCSE A* - C in English and Maths or Level 2 equivalent
- Demonstrate a wide range of experience and specialist skills gained within the Construction industry
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- A wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 30 April 2021
Interview date: Friday 14 May 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.