Business Engagement Officer (LCC2629)
WHAT WE DO
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team as a business engagement officer, working with external organisations, creating industry placement opportunities for our cohorts of students building capacity for the T-level qualifications.
The Careers, Work Experience & Progression team works across college to help prepare students for their next steps, through activities such as coordinating work experience placements, carrying out careers guidance interviews, and supporting curriculum departments with the delivery of careers education.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Foster strong professional relationships with employers in private, public and the third sectors to maximise opportunities for students and position the college to achieve current and future work experience and work based learning targets including apprenticeships
- With reference to labour market intelligence and LEP skills priorities, develop sustainable relationships with employers to drive the quality of meaningful and relevant work experience placements, project and activities
- Contribute to the outstanding aspirations of the college through the quality and range of employer relationships and collaboration with external and internal partnerships
- Ability to relate effectively, demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills which are applicable to a range of stakeholders and prospective and established commercial clients
- Administration or project work and good written communication skills
- Able to liaise, negotiate and influence a variety of individuals and organisations
- Able to work under pressure, to deadlines, to prioritise and manage workloads
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of a range of college stakeholders (local schools, parents/carers, employers etc.)
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Emma Schofield firstname.lastname@example.org
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
To apply for this role, please follow the link.