IT Technician (Helpdesk Support)
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for an IT Technician to become a key member of our IT Services department.
As an IT Technician, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Contributing to the delivery of an efficient and effective IT services by configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting IT equipment and services at all college group sites.
- Monitoring and administering IT in all locations supported by Bedford College Group IT Services and ensure that systems and resources are maintained in a good state of repair and records for these resources are accurate.
- Liaising with teaching staff to ensure that specialist systems and services are properly configured and supported.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of 6 months experience of PC hardware, software and peripheral maintenance in a busy multi-user environment and thorough understanding of PC architectures and peripherals including printers, scanners etc, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 qualification in computing or equivalent work experience.
- GCSE maths and English at grades A to C or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
Fixed-term Contract – End date 18 months from appointment
39 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
273 hours holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.