Technical Construction Apprentice (Bromsgrove)
Vinci Construction Uk Ltd
Do you want to be a part of building the environments in which we live, using the latest technology and building methods? The successful candidate will be based on our construction sites working with the site management team to complete projects safely, on time, on budget & to the correct specifications.
VINCI Construction UK are committed to creating a working environment that is inclusive and diverse.
- The successful candidate will be based on our live construction sites within the Building Building Solutions
- You will work with the site management team to ensure the projects are completed safely, on time, on budget and to the correct specifications
- This position offers candidates to opportunity to learn on the job, gain a recognised qualification and the opportunity to progress on to a degree course upon completion
VINCI Construction UK, design and build projects, such as student accommodation, hospitals, car parks, retail developments, schools, commercial buildings - we specialise in large construction projects.
Building Solutions is a specialist building and refurbishment arm of Vinci facilities and handles technical projects in complex environments including prisons, courts and a variety of other settings. Our clients have ranged from HMRC to schools and private companies. Working for Building Solutions will bring you a diverse and interesting working environment which can be both challenging and highly rewarding.
- As a Building Solutions apprentice, you will take on a wide range of job roles which will develop over time and provide you with a greater understanding of how the company works to deliver projects
- Your starting role will be based predominantly around on site works and will generally entail shadowing a site manager on a project and understanding exactly what that person does
- During this team you will be expected to listen intently, ask lots of questions and slowly start to take responsibility over simple tasks which will grow and develop your skills over time
- This shadowing role can be undertaken on a multitude of sites, with various different site and project managers and will work hand in hand with the 2-year college course you will be taking
Joining our team will mean working on our sites in and around the Bromsgrove area.
Candidates must have a flexible approach and be willing to work on projects throughout the Worcestershire Region (Note allowances are payable where applicable to make this affordable to the candidates).
As well as learning on the job, you will be required to attend College on a day release basis. The two year course will provide you with a Level 4 Construction Site Supervisor Apprenticeship, including an HNC in construction and the built environment. In addition to the qualifications the programme will enable candidates to progress in terms of level of responsibility, interpersonal skills, leadership, commercial awareness and technical engineering knowledge.
This apprenticeship offers an interesting and progressive career in construction & site engineering which can ultimately lead to full membership of the relevant professional institutions.
This opportunity could be an attractive alternative to a traditional university career path, with no student debt and regular wage.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.