Apprentice Digital Engineering Technician (Doncaster)
Employer Name: Polypipe
This is an exciting opportunity to join Polypipe Offsite as an apprentice. You will be part of the CAD-CAM team, responsible for producing 3D CAD models and turning these models in to reality. For the right person, there is the opportunity to develop skills in design, drawing techniques and production methods within a fast-paced, busy workplace.
This is a varied role, providing you with the all the relevant skills and experience for a successful career in this area.
Day to day tasks will include:
- Preparing detailed designs for projects and subassemblies using a range of 3D CAD packages
- Ensuring these designs meet all relevant standards
- Communicating designs to the design team and customers
- Creating part lists to ensure stock will be available for when production begins
- Working with the production team to make sure designs are feasible
- Help with customer builds and learn the Polypipe product range
- Using a range of equipment such as CNC routers, lasers and fully automated equipment
- Create CNC programs for automated equipment
- Help create work instructions for new builds using CAD references
- Help maintain equipment and carry out daily, weekly and month equipment checks
- Help create documentation such as Risk assessments, PUWER and Safe Working Procedures
- Develop jigs, fixtures and stillages using Autodesk Inventor
- Get involved in infrastructure projects and learn aspects associated with electrics, Pneumatics and machine automation
- Help implement process improvement projects and contribute to research projects with the AMRC
- Help develop and prototype new products using inhouse 3D printing technology to optimise system designs
For more information or to apply, please click the link.