College Director (Principal)
The College Director will lead and oversee all aspects of Bellerbys College delivery at campuses in both Brighton and London. You will lead a dedicated and highly motivated team of leaders, teachers and student support staff, delivering high quality pathway programmes with excellent student outcomes and high levels of student satisfaction. Working closely with colleagues from recruitment and marketing functions, you will drive growth in student numbers through new products and innovative approaches to learning and teaching. You will also work with finance colleagues to ensure the College meets its monetary targets.
The College Director will report to the ISC and Bellerbys Director, within the Higher Education UK & Europe division and will manage a senior team composed of academic and non-academic directors and managers. The College Director will also have a reporting line into the Bellerbys College Advisory Board (BCAB) for governance purposes.
The College Director will also be a member of the Higher Education UK & Europe division Centre Leadership Team.
We are happy for the successful candidate to be based from either our London or Brighton site but please note you will be required to regularly travel between both colleges.
- Provide the vision and professional leadership of Bellerbys College across both campuses, with a focus on student success; highly engaged teams and innovation and growth.
- Lead the development of the College and maintain its success, ensuring high quality education and student experience.
- Implement strategies which promote high standards of welfare and pastoral care, maximising student satisfaction.
- Ensure the College meets all statutory, regulatory and educational oversight duties and responsibilities at all times, including engaging with Office for Students (OfS) and Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) and ensuring that the College inspection ready at all times.
- Design, agree and implement the academic and operational strategies for the College in consultation with senior colleagues in Higher Education UK & Europe division and Bellerbys College Advisory Board (BCAB).
- Ensure delivery of high quality educational programmes, underpinned by an innovative and responsive learning, teaching and assessment strategy.
- Ensure the achievement of outstanding academic outcomes and student experience, achieving high student satisfaction.
- Create the environment and manage resources to promote and secure the equal opportunities and achievement of all students and staff..
- Ensure all students have the opportunity to participate in a wide-ranging enrichment and career readiness programme that prepares them for university and career progression by engaging them in developing knowledge and skills related to the College’s specialism.
- Develop a network of partnerships with universities, commercial and other organisations which contributes to the enrichment and career readiness programme and benefits students, staff and the market profile of the College.
- Plan and manage the College’s growth, finances and resources in line with divisional strategy and targets.
- Educated to bachelor degree level or above.
- Teaching qualification
- A track record of senior, strategic leadership experience ideally gained as a Deputy Head/Principal or Head/Principal of a similar sized school or college.
- A deep understanding of academic management and knowledge of educating international students.
- Strong academic and intellectual credentials to command the respect of pupils, parents, staff and the wider Group.