We are looking for an academic leader with an excellent understanding of the international pathway education system to take ownership of the operational delivery of the Kingston University International Study Centre, providing academic and operational leadership to the team responsible for designing and delivering the International Study Centre’s (ISC) portfolio of programmes; and to lead the relationship with the partner university in respect of operational and academic management matters. To provide clear strategic direction for the ISC in line with organisational objectives in conjunction with the ISC and Study Group’s wider management team.
The right candidate will be driven to achieve success and adaptable to a changing environment. You will understand the power of our partnership with the University partner and be able to leverage this.
- Lead and motivate ISC academic staff to contribute to ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Provide effective performance management of direct reports, including: setting personal objectives and KPIs; regularly reviewing performance of direct reports; and conducting formal performance reviews according to company policy and procedures.
- Lead the planning, management and delivery of all ISC’s academic programmes and courses to ensure the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Set the framework for and oversee the allocation of teaching resources, ensuring that teaching and learning activities are planned and delivered within an agreed budget and meet operational margins.
- Provide leadership to ensure that the ISC designs and introduces new courses and products as appropriate to the College’s strategic Partnership Development Plan.
- Lead on ensuring that the design and delivery of all courses are conducted with reference to and according to Study Group’s, University of Sussex and relevant external agencies’ quality frameworks, policies, procedures and codes of practice.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key contacts at the University, ensuring a full understanding of relevant University curriculum content, assessment modes and quality policies and procedures.
- Facilitate interaction between University staff and ISC academic and professional services staff to ensure the best possible transition for students.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You’ll be an academic leader with experience managing a similar centre or large department within a Further Education or Higher Education environment (essential)
- You will be experienced in planning and running complex education courses and programmes (essential)
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree (essential)
- Competitive salary
- A 30-day holiday allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time
- A large global network that offers fantastic career opportunities
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.