Trainer / Assessor in Engineering Fabrication and Welding
- Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £27,441 - £29,109 per annum, plus a Market Forces payment could be accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced/exceptional candidate. This can be discussed at interview / offer stage.
- Location: Castleford, Wakefield and district / client premises
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Trainer / Assessor in Fabrication and Welding to join our Apprenticeships & Commercial Training team. This opportunity will allow you to pass on your Fabrication and Welding experience, knowledge, skills and ideas to young people in order to help support them in improving their own skills and attributes.
As a Trainer / Assessor for Fabrication and Welding, you will deliver high quality training to individuals and groups and assess learners in their place of work and College to meet National Occupational Standards within the Engineering sector.
We are looking for a qualified professional, who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers, has a passion for Engineering and can inspire young people to help them achieve their goals.
As a Trainer / Assessor for Fabrication and Welding, you should:
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 in Fabrication and Welding Engineering
- Hold D32/D33, TAQA or A1 Assessor award (or currently undertaking or willing to undertake)
- Have GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or level 2 equivalent
- Have current practical experience within the Engineering – Fabrication and Welding industry
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to motivate learners
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work with employers to grow business
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- A wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 23 April 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 5 May 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.