Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Passionate in protecting our students and employees
BPP takes its duty to safeguard its students seriously. At BPP, we believe that every student has the right to learn in a safe and inclusive environment. Sharing our passion for this, you will manage and respond to Safeguarding and Prevent referrals, applying your previous experience to support students and employees to better understand Safeguarding and Prevent issues and requirements.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing and responding to Safeguarding & Prevent referrals from the inboxes and helpline
- Maintaining a caseload and central risk register
- Identifying the most appropriate Safeguarding support plans for individuals
- Scheduling regular contact with students and staff to ensure that they are supported
- Keeping detailed and accurate Safeguarding records
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of Safeguarding policies and procedures
- Assisting with staff training, student engagement and standardisation in Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
- Providing Safeguarding support to BPP staff as required
- Working closely with the BPP, Welfare, Inclusion and Learning Support teams
Join the BPP Family
The world is changing. Help us disrupt, innovate and achieve our collective goal of Building Careers Through Education. Established for over 40 years, we’re a global education provider delivering diverse qualifications for professionals at every stage of their career.
Committed? Passionate? Self-determined? Now’s your chance to be part of our exciting world.
Find more about joining the BPP family here.
What we’re looking for
- Experience of providing appropriate support to students
- A comprehensive understanding of Safeguarding and Prevent issues and requirements
- Experience of working proactively with a high level of organisation whilst managing complex and highly confidential information
- Ability to work autonomously to a high standard, managing own workload efficiently and effectively, without supervision
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to liaise with students, staff and external parties as well as excellent report writing skills
- Excellent time management, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Ideally, you will hold a Safeguarding Level 3 qualification as well as a Counselling qualification
- Prior experience or knowledge or working with Ofsted, DfE and OfS would be highly desirable
- Safeguarding Level 3 qualification and/or counselling qualification is desirable
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore the successful candidate will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).