At Kaplan Open Learning, we are experts in online Higher Education. Working closely with our partner universities, our vision is to become a world leader in online learning, making higher education accessible to anyone with the potential and drive to succeed.
We develop, deliver, support and market, sector-leading online higher education programmes to a global student audience. Our innovative and unique online pedagogy utilises the latest digital learning technologies to provide teaching excellence and a world-class student experience.
We work in collaboration with our university partners to develop engaging, interactive learning materials using the latest digital learning technologies. This approach blends our unique online pedagogy with the research-led subject expertise of our partners. Find out more about our online provision at University of Essex Online and Online.Liverpool.ac.uk
Summary of Role
The Quality and Enhancement team is the central focus for the management of governance and academic quality assurance within Kaplan Open Learning (KOL). The team provides support and guidance in relation to: quality assurance processes, academic regulations, board of examiners processes, academic appeals, academic offences, and student complaints. The team also services the formal academic meetings such as Board of Examiners, Academic Board, Course Committee and others as required.
We are looking for an administrator who has excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. The role requires the willingness to understand and adapt to new challenges in an organised manner and the ability to work effectively both in a team and independently. Due to the cyclical nature of the work you will also be required to work flexible hours during peak periods of activity. Excellent IT skills are also required, particularly in Excel and Word.
You will be able to manage a busy workload and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment. In your day to day activities you will be forward thinking and proactive to providing a high-quality administrative service, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to respond to varied competing demands.
Role and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the Academic Offences procedures in relation to student referrals from tutors; notification to students; review and assignment of penalties to students; maintenance of the Academic Offences Tracker for all programmes and organisation of study skills support where appropriate. Secretarial support for Vivas
- Assist the Academic team and colleagues in the Quality and Enhancement team to ensure that students have complied with the conditions of academic offence penalties or outcomes of Academic Appeals.
- Co-ordination of the Late Submission of Coursework (EC) process, ensuring requests for ECs are recorded, reviewed and processed in a timely manner. Co-ordination of the Late Submission Panels and liaising with the Student Support Team to provide outcomes to students.
- Coordination and servicing of the quarterly Extenuating Performance Panel including: acknowledging receipt of EP requests and notifying students if additional evidence is required; preparation of papers for the meetings, ensuring the panel recommendations are accurately recorded and updated on the student management system
- Supporting Board of Examiners processes, including preparation of documentation, attending and minuting meetings; post-Board activities such as updating the Student Management System, preparation and issuing of Exam Board letters and Student Transcripts.
- Servicing of formal Boards and Committees as required, including preparation of draft agendas, circulation of papers and minute taking.
- Processing student requests such as Maximum Period of Study and Dissertation Extensions, liaising with the academic departments, Student Support team and University where necessary to provide outcomes.
- Co-ordinate and support audits of Accredited Prior Learning (APL) requests.
- To help when necessary other members of the Quality and Programme Support Teams to cover their duties in the event of absence if required.
Person Specification and Key Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous office administrative experience in a complex environment
- Excellent standard of digital literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Zoom, Skype
- Good organisation, prioritisation, and written communication skills
- A fast learner who excels at working on their own initiative
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate own workload, managing own time and ability to work to set deadlines
- Ability to work without supervision and as a member of a team, providing support and assistance to colleagues when required
- Experience of working in UK Higher Education
- Experience or awareness of Quality Assurance procedures in UK Higher Education
Closing Date: Sunday 11th April 2021