Lecturer in Hairdressing
We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering campus for a Lecturer in Hairdressing to become a key member of our Hair and Beauty department.
As a Lecturer in Hairdressing, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying on a range of hairdressing and barbering programmes.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Department in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
- Keeping CPD in industry knowledge up to date.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working or have worked within the Hairdressing and/or Barbering industry and knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 qualification in Hairdressing
- Level 2 qualification in Barbering
- PGCE/CertEd or equivalent
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year
- Assessor qualification
- Evidence of recent industrial updating
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
392.2 hours holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
To apply for this post, please follow the link