Apprenticeship Assessor Coach, Healthcare (LCC2603)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
The School of Health Science & Social Care are recruiting a Healthcare Trainer to deliver apprenticeship provision with a large healthcare organisation in the city. You will be responsible for the outcomes for a specified cohort of apprentices alongside ensuring all stakeholders receive exceptional customer service. You will be highly professional with a background in healthcare and able to deliver outstanding classroom and work based learning.
This role would be ideal for a registered nurse or healthcare support worker who has experience in mentoring and training staff and/or students, or has a keen interest in this and wants to develop it further. You will be organised, with excellent communication skills, and enjoy working and liaising with healthcare staff, registered nurses, and ward managers. You will need reasonable computer skills as you will be using an online portfolio and you may need to use Google Meet or Zoom as part of your role. You will achieve the assessor’s qualification (CAVA) and will be encouraged to attend CPD to update both your professional and assessor qualifications. You will be based at one of the college campus sites, but will travel locally to visit your apprentices in their workplaces. The role offers a generous salary, with no shift work and a substantial holiday allowance. You will also be enrolled in the Teacher’s Pension Scheme. If you are an individual who is looking for a new challenge in your healthcare/nursing career, we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deliver the skills and competency elements of vocational qualifications.
- Ensure assessment and internal quality assurance processes are completed to the quality standard required by Awarding Organisations and internal policies and procedures.
- Meet quality assurance requirements of funding organisations and internal procedures with regard to maintaining learner records.
- Work with the Lead Apprenticeship Assessor and other programme team members to prepare assessment and learning materials appropriate to the needs and requirements of the learners and their programme.
- Carry out initial guidance, enrolments and assessment of learners as required by the department and Programme Manager.
- Support the information, advice and guidance of individual learners to enable them to move into further training if appropriate.
- Identify training needs for individual learners, including any additional support needs, and plan and deliver training as identified.
- Liaise and communicate with employers of learners on the programme or potentially on the programme.
- Ensure the assessment and training meets the specified performance/achievement targets for completions and achievements which includes the full range of learner needs.
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent in vocational area. Minimum Level 2 in maths and English (GCSE Grade C or above, GCSE Grade 4 or above or equivalent Hold Assessor award or a willingness to work towards within 6 months.
- Some experience of teaching, training peers or transferring skills to others.
- Hold Internal Verification Award or a willingness to work towards within 6 months.
- Able to demonstrate work experience in a relevant discipline.
- Experience of undertaking formal employee assessment in the work place.
- Experience of assessing against NVQ or similar competence based frameworks.
- Knowledge and understanding of IV and QA practices Commitment to keeping professional knowledge up to date.
- Understanding and experience of current working practices in the Curriculum area.
- Knowledge of appropriate apprenticeship standards .
- Able to prepare and deliver training sessions in vocational area.
- Able to work without close supervision and resolve own work problems using own initiative.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills sufficient to network and develop effective links with external partners.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work with a diverse range of students and manage their assessment.
- Ability to enthuse students to aid retention and achievement.
- Able to give constructive feedback for students and keep effective records.
- Able to work within a target driven environment e.g. focusing on learner end dates and achievement rates.?
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 37 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Estelle Brewster, email@example.com
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
To apply for this role, please follow the link.