Programme Tutor- Early Years
We are looking for:
- Programme Tutor – Early Years
- Full time and part time applications considered
- Salary- £24,705-£31,257
Alun Francis, our Principal, says: “This is a very important appointment, Caring Professions is central to our plans for the future, and we are looking for high calibre candidates. We want people who love their subject area, are committed to keeping up to date, but also want the professional challenge of developing outstanding pedagogical practice. We are investing in the facilities, employer relationships and the skills and knowledge of our staff. We are looking for people who will respond to this, love their learners and enjoy the challenges and benefits of working at Oldham College”.
Deborah Allen, Head of Faculty for Caring Professions, says “This is an extremely exciting opportunity for modern, forward thinking, professional with a strong background in Early Years to join the Faculty of Caring Professions. You will be a part of a team of experienced technical and professional staff, delivering a diverse curriculum that provides our learners a clear progression route into Apprenticeships, higher levels of study and into the job market. We will be enhancing this offer in 2020/21 with the introduction of the Education and Childcare T levels and as Programme Tutor within the Early Years team you will be at the forefront of developing and delivering this new curriculum.
The College is in the top quartile for 16-18 programmes of study and English GCSE resits, and in apprenticeship provision, but is the second highest performing provider Greater Manchester. The quality of its higher education provision is better than many established universities.
You will become part of the Faculty of Caring Professions, which includes Health, Social Care, Early Years, Science and Access to H.E. We are looking to strengthen the team with individuals who have a strong background in Early Years.
You will be expected to:
- Teach to a high standard and demonstrate the relevant skills to teach truly outstanding masterclasses, lectures and collaborative project based learning.
- Work with colleagues to create provision that excites and stimulates demand.
- Be able to deliver to current industry standards, relating this to working methods and practices found in your industry today.
- Candidates should have a commitment to providing high quality learning to enable all learners to achieve their full potential. The ability to truly work as a team player is also essential. The post holder will be expected to demonstrate outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills.
- You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and show a flexible and professional attitude.
- You will be educated to at least degree level and possess a relevant teaching qualification and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of teaching within FE.
The closing date is Friday 16th April 2021.
Please click the apply button below